What is PRP ( Platelet-Rich Plasma)?
Platelet-rich plasma (PRP) skin
rejuvenation therapy uses your own tissue growth factors to enhance the results
of your skin treatments leading to improvement in texture, wrinkles, elasticity
and scars. The PRP therapy consists of injection of your own platelets and
fibrin into your skin alongside your cosmetic skin treatments for wrinkles,
scars and photoaging.
The preparation of your PRP takes just a few extra minutes and can be done at the time of your cosmetic skin treatment at our Manassas skincare clinics. There are several PRP kits available for clinical use, we use the Eclipse PRP system for our patients.
What Are The Benefits of Eclipse PRP?
- Convenient Procedure: Takes less than 30 minutes
- Small Volume of Blood Required: Better tolerance for our patients
- Highest volume PRP Yield: Enough PRP for one skin treatment of face & neck
- Optimum Platelet Recovery: 80 to 90%
- Consistent platelet concentration – allowing for predictable performance
- Pure PRP: High-tech gel removes 97.8% contaminating red blood cells
- No foreign components – Virtually eliminates the risk of adverse reactions
- Pyrogen Free
What Should I Expect From My PRP Extraction Process?
- During a short office visit a small amount of your own blood is drawn into a 10 mL vacuum collection tube containing a proprietary separator gel.
- The tube is placed into a centrifuge and spun to isolate the platelet- rich plasma your PRP.
- The PRP is ready to be used with your cosmetic skin treatment
How Does PRP Work?
As part of the body’s healing ability, platelets and other components in human blood migrate to the point of care. Platelets are well known to release numerous growth factors that respond to tissue injury and initiate and promote the conditions for healing.
Eclipse PRP is an autologous system that allows us to prepare your platelet-rich plasma at our Manassas therapy offices. The platelet-rich plasma is optimally concentrated with minimal amounts of contaminating red and white blood cells. This system has been safely used in hundreds of thousands of procedures worldwide.
FDA cleared 510(k) Class II medical device. Eclipse PRP is intended for the safe and rapid preparation of autologous platelet-rich plasma (PRP) from a small sample of blood at your Physician’s office.
Call Longevity Wellness Spa at 571-208-1578 and
speak with Dagmar to schedule your consultation today!